Family planning knowledge
Position: Home > Family planning knowledge > In the flow of people > Can you eat before the flow of people
- Prevention of HIV, syphilis and hepatitis B
- Chuzhou Maternity and Child Health Care Family Planning Services
- Shengzhou Maternal and Child Health Hospital Held "Two Schools"
- Seize the opportunity and clear focus on doing good women and children
- Our hospital held the 6th Staff Representative Conference
- On the first day of work after the Spring Festival, our hospital reiterated
- Our staff actively participate in blood donation
- In 2016, our college will seek five new breakthroughs
- Leader of the municipal party committee Jiang Feng visited the hospital
- Hospital leaders visited the old leaders and their difficulties
Can i eat before the flow of people
Time: 2013-07-07 21:35 Source: Internet
According to experts, you ca n’t eat anything before abortion surgery. You must not eat for 6 hours and drink for 6 hours (that is, fasting) before the operation. The results of the examination before the abortion operation are normal and suitable for outpatients. Surgery can do painless abortion.
The main reason for not being able to eat before the abortion is that the symptoms of vomiting and reflux caused by the anesthesia surgeon may cause serious consequences. If the aspiration of food in the stomach can cause other serious complications such as acute respiratory obstruction, bronchospasm, aspiration atelectasis and aspiration pneumonia, surgery should be performed on an empty stomach. In addition, the first meal after abortion surgery should not be too full, otherwise it will affect gastrointestinal function.
Experts say that general anesthesia is needed for painless abortion, and the effective throat swallowing reflex will be suppressed, and what was previously eaten into the stomach will flow back to the mouth. If there is too little swallow, the vomit will enter the airway, causing Aspiration pneumonia, and even block the respiratory tract cause anesthesia accidents such as belching, cyanosis, asphyxia. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to eat before surgery to avoid medical risks.
So there are two endings:
Either postpone the operation time or perform ordinary abortion without anesthesia.
This is because there may be a gastrointestinal reaction after anesthesia. If there is food in the stomach, it will be vomited and enter the trachea, causing suffocation. But you can bring some high-calorie, digestible food and water, and eat after surgery.